Sunday, September 6, 2009

Our trip to Palmyra

Ryan and I went to Palmyra, New York this weekend with our good friends the Buckners. It's only about a four and half hour drive from Cleveland. It was well worth the drive.


The Hill Cumorah where Joseph Smith received the gold plates.


Replica of the Log Cabin where Joseph Smith grew up. The replica was built on the original foundation.



This frame house was just down the road from the log cabin. The Smith family lived here for a few years. This house is 80% original.


The Sacred Grove. It was a very special experience. I cried almost the whole time we were there. I didn't want to leave.





Me and Niagra Falls



We took a detour to Niagra Falls on the way home. We only stayed a few minutes because there were about a million people there, but it was beautiful and fun to see. We had a great weekend. Tomorrow I get to clean. I'm actually excited about that (my house is driving me crazy, it's so messy).

5 comments:

Suzie said...

How FUN!!! I have always wanted to go there!!!! Looks like it was such a great trip!!! :)

Kellie said...

It was so fun being there with y'all! We had a great time:)

Brittney said...

I am SO SO SO jealous of this trip/post! That is such an amazing experience and I have ALWAYS wanted to go there. I also loved reading and see the picts from your white water rafting! You have been so busy playing, have you got anything else done?? Love you Kristy!

mae said...

What a great trip! I'm so glad you got to go! THe pictures are great! ANd I love the new look of your blog! I especially love the picture of you and Ryan in the top corner. Its cute!

Mary said...

We've made that trip SEVERAL times, but it's still so fun!! Looks like you guys had fun too!