I really don't know how to write down what I'm feeling right now. I know it might sound like I'm whining, maybe I am, but I'm not handling this particular trial with any kind of grace. I don't like this trial. I really wish instead of Heavenly Father making it easier for me to bear, He would just take it away. I know it's for my own good and I will be thankful for it someday, but right now I feel like I've had enough. It's probably a good thing that I'm not the one in charge. Somedays, it is easy to bear. Somedays, I hardly even think about it. Hardly. Which means I do still but only for a few moments. Other days, I want to cry all day long. It feels like I've lost something so dear to me. Something I never had. It's deep emotional pain. I feel useless and empty.
I am doing all that our finances will allow, going to doctors, trying everything we can. I'm praying everyday. So it's not like I'm doing nothing and complaining about not getting what I most desire.
I hate that this pain comes in waves. It ebbs for a while. I feel like I can make it through anything. Then it returns with such a strong force that it catches me off guard. Then the questions come, as they always do. Why is this not happening for us, when it's something that's such a righteous desire? This is what I was put on the earth for, right? This is why I'm a woman. This is what has been commanded of us. So why is it so hard? Why do others have such an easy time at it? I know Heavenly Father has this all under control. I just get impatient and want to grab the big picture out of His hands and look at it for myself. I don't know what I would do then. Probably get even more impatient because I'll know what's coming.
I'm so happy, so very happy for friends who don't have this problem. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. It's so hard. But I can't wait for the day when I can join in their happy cries of "We're expecting!" I don't want to be misunderstood. I want my friends to tell me if they are expecting. It's such happy news that I love to be a part of. I don't want people to walk on egg shells around Ryan and I. This is just a trial that we've been chosen to go through.
And go through it we will. I know that there is a loving Father in Heaven who watches out for us. There is hope.
There are occasionally hard days for each of us. Do not despair. Do not give up. Look for the sunlight through the clouds. Opportunities will eventually open to you.
- President Gordon B. Hinkley
7 comments:
**hugs**
I wish this for you more than anything!
I feel ya. I'm going through the same thing and basically it sucks. Big time.
You'll be in my prayers. I have faith that we'll both get to be mothers one day. :)
You have already been a mother to my children, Kristy. I trust you with their lives. And we all love you so dearly. Miss you ;)
Oh my wonderful Kristy. I echo Diane's words, you have already been a mother to my children. And yet, I know that isn't enough. I know it will happen for you. I want to be there to hear the words and see your face as you share the good news. It is so hard to let Heavenly Father have that control sometimes. You're not useless. This time has been given to you for a specific purpose. You have a great use right now. And soon, that use will be as a mother, we know it.
I disagree. You are handling this trial with all sorts of grace. Else, you wouldn't want to hear about your friends' pregnancies, and you wouldn't have these other wonderful friends say that you've been a mother to their children. I think you are allowed to grieve- even throw a fit and scream. I'd understand. Love you.
Hi Kristy! I just happened on your blog from Mary Clark's. I just read this post and oh how my heart aches for you! I know it doesn't make it any easier, but it might make you feel a little better, that there are people, or women (lots of them!... myself included) who have endured exactly what you describe. From the pain and seemingly unbearable days to the anguish when you see babies, to wanting your friends to just be "normal" around you when they are pregnant or announce their pregnancies... etc. I feel for you girl, and I've been there. Oh how I've been there. I still "go" there every once in awhile.... even after having two kids! It is a very difficult challenge to not be able to do what our bodies, and our purpose as women is not fulfilled.
But, NEVER doubt. You are exactly right, it is happening for a reason, and that reason is part of Heavenly Father's plan for you. It's totally okay to feel this way some days and it's normal. It's nice to hear someone express it! I'm sorry you've had to go through this, but don't give up! Sometimes our trials seem to last forever, but we never know when we are "just around the corner" from being done with them. Hang in there and know that people love you and care about you and are "rooting" for you! Myself included, I've thought about you so many times since we moved from Cleveland.
Wishing you all the best, and patience in the world! You are amazing, and you will learn and grow from this and be able to help millions of people who endure the same challenge. We're all in this together!
Just one more thing.... if you EVER need anything, have any questions or just need to vent, don't every hesitate to send me an email or call!
Love, Kara Mortensen
kara(dot)mortensen(at)gmail.com
Post a Comment