Monday, October 24, 2011

Sweet Caroline, "Let's Go Pitt!" (That was for you Kameron)

Last weekend, the 14th through the 15th, Ryan's Dad, uncle Kevin and cousins Parker and Kameron came to Cleveland. I was SOOOOO happy to have them here! It was a blast. They flew out to go to the Utah - Pittsburgh game with us. It was fun being the only girl! We took them to the B spot right when they got here. B spot is a gourmet hamburger place. I think Ryan is going to morn it when we move. We drove out to Pittsburgh in the morning, hit a major traffic jam and missed the first quarter. I was happy that that was all we missed. I was worried. Anywho, Pitt plays their games at Heinz field, where the Steelers play.

It lacked the college football feel, however. Nevertheless, it was awesome. Because we WON! 26 -14. Both teams didn't play very well, but hey, a win is a win. My favorite part was when the jumbo tron showed a guy in Pitt's student section with a MUSS t-shirt on, cheering on the Utes. :)

From left to right: Me (with Ryan's hat on), Ryan (with a long mustache), Kevin (Ryan's uncle), Parker (Ryan's cousin), Clair (Ryan's father), and Kameron (Ryan's cousin's husband).

It was a really windy day, so Ryan let me wear his hat. There will be more explanation about his mustache in a later post. Oh and I spy Kameron.

Parker standing next to one the Steelers Super Bowl trophies.

More of Heinz Field

We went to Primanti Bros after the game, a restaurant in Pittsburgh where they put col slaw and french fries in the sandwiches. Very tasty, I must say. I love Pittsburgh. I love Pittsburgh so much I want to live there. Not all the time. Maybe if we were rich and I could get a second home there. It was so fun having Ryan's family here. We had a good time.

2 comments:

Kellie said...

You look so cute in Ryan's hat!

Evelyn said...

that looks like so much fun! And the pictures of the area are awesome.