Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Joy

I love, love, love Christmas.
I love the beautiful decorations.
I love the lights.
I even love the snow (but only during Christmas)
I love Christmas parties and being with those I love.
I love seeing the reactions of those who open the gifts I give them.
I love the cozy feeling of Christmas.
There is nothing quite like it.
This past Sunday in church, in Relief Society, a lesson was given on Joy.
The joy that our Savior Jesus Christ gives to us.
The second Chapter of Luke was read and something was pointed out that I've never really thought of before. When the angels appeared to the shepherds it was said:
"Fear not, for behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day, in the city of David, a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord". (Luke 2:10)
I never really thought that this joy is unto all people because this was the moment when the Plan of Salvation was put into place.
Christ had come.
He came to teach, to heal and to redeem.
Suddenly that angel wasn't speaking only to the shepherds, he was also speaking to me.
I need not fear.
He was born on this earth.
He has fullfilled what He promised He would.
I know that He loves me. I know He lives.
It is He who understands me perfectly. He has walked the path of my life alone.
He did that so that I wouldn't have to be alone.
I know He can heal hearts and bring Joy to our lives if we have faith in Him.
I know He loves me individually.
I'm so thankful for that lesson in Relief Society.
We sang "Joy to the World" for the opening and closing song.
During the closing song, I could hardly sing; I was so overcome with gratitude to my Savior. I'm so thankful for the Joy I feel and am able to express because of Him.
I love this Holiday season.
But I'm grateful that I can feel and spread this joy at any season.
And I hope I can portray the love of Jesus Christ in all that I do.

5 comments:

Audrey said...

I loved this post! Thanks for posting it. It's always so fun reading your blog! - Audrey

Slater Blog said...

I love your testimony. You need to write a book, you are such a good writer!

Anonymous said...

Kristy, You are so inspiring. You make me want to be better as a person. Glad that you are part of our family

Kellie said...

This is an awesome post. Thank you for your testimony.

montanawildflower said...

Kristy, I just read this post and wanted you to know how much I appreciated reading it. You are such a sweetheart and I love your testimony!