The next fun activity we did was go to game 2 of the Dominican World Series. It cost $8 and the stadium was only 3/4 full and it is only 1/3 of size of Jacob's field here in Cleveland.
It was a crazy game and though there weren't many fans there, by our standards, they were louder than any baseball crowd I've ever heard. I liked the hat for Escogido so I bought it and cheered for them. As it usually goes with the teams I like, they lost. The fans for los Gigantes went crazy when their team won and had a 10 minute mosh pit going on in the main entrance. It was so much fun to be there.The next night we found out that we were only a five minute walk from the LDS temple and thought we should go walk around it and get some pictures. It is a beautiful temple and the guards let us walk around the grounds even though it was closed for cleaning and late at night.
Then after we completed our dentistry mission, we went to an all inclusive resort for 3 days. The day we arrived we played volleyball for 3 hours or so. We ate and ate and ate the whole time. We swam in the ocean and in the pool. We kayaked in the ocean, played bocce ball, and threw the frisbee. It was a great end to the trip. The crazy thing about the whole thing was that the time doing dentistry seemed to be about a month long, as i said; and the time at the resort seemed equally as long. It was a great break from the rigors of school and a great educational opportunity for me. I can't wait to go again next year and give you a report about how much of a different experience it is from this one. I'm going to end this post with various pictures from the resort.
2 comments:
Amazing! What a blessing to all who went. Talk Joe into going with you next year please!
:( i need a more updated update!
Post a Comment