Monday, May 3, 2010

Hace Mucho Tiempo

Time, oh where do you go?
You are an elusive stranger that sneaks past
barely noticed.
You're sneaky!!
(Just a little goofy poem :))

So Ryan and I have been really busy the past few weeks. Work and school and such
have just taken up our lives. We do have time to see each other though, which is wonderful.
Tax season is over finally, so I have more time to come home and do the things I need to do.
This week is finals week for Ryan. His last final is this Thursday and then...
WE'RE OFF TO UTAH!!!!!!!!!
We are so excited!! Ryan hasn't been home for about 10 months so this is going to be
really nice for him. It's going to be a good break. We wish we could be there longer,
but we're only staying for about 5 days. At least we get to go!!!!!
Here are some things we've been doing lately...

Growing Basil. I can't wait to start using this delicious herb. Fresh basil is the best for cooking.


Growing Tomatoes, Cucumbers for pickles, Green Beans, Dill and Chives.
So far only the Tomatoes, Cucumbers and half the beans have come up. I've also got one or
two dill seedlings. It's my first garden so I wasn't expecting a lot. And I don't like the garden starter I got. Now I know what not to do for next year. My friend Kjristi just started a gardening blog called Craving Dirt. I'm glad, because I could sure use the advice. Maybe you could too.


We heard of this cemetery close to our house called Lakeview Cemetery. I don't know how we've never heard of this place before now. It's so beautiful and there are so many gorgeous sculptures and head stones. I was amazed at the mausoleums. My brother-in-law Scott would go crazy here. It's a photographer's paradise. Oddly, Rockefeller is buried here. There is an enormous obelisk marking his grave. President Garfield is buried here as well. There is a great memorial for him. We had fun walking around looking at the old headstones and beautiful spring flowers.

Rockefeller's grave.





We hope you have a great week :)

4 comments:

kjirsti said...

Wow! You're seeds are looking great! If you want I would love to feature you on CravingDirt if you can send me some more pictures.

Julie Carlile said...

Ok I can wait until Friday for you to come. I was hoping it was sooner but o well. Let me know what day we can get together. I can't wait to see you!

Slater Blog said...

Yay, so glad you get to come home to Utah. I know you will only be here for 5 days, but if you have a chance to fit in an old friend I would love to visit with you a bit.

Tawnya and Gavin Linsley said...

i cannot wait to see you guys!!