There's a certain magic about summer. That's why I love it so much. It's warm. It's green. It's going outside and smelling the fresh cut grass and seeing the beautiful colors of flowers. Here, there is green everywhere. Green has become a favorite color of mine. It speaks of life. But I must say, no other part of summer is quite as magical as seeing lightening bugs floating on the warm summer breeze. There's no other word to describe these wonders, but Magical. Seeing them in the sunlight is like looking at any other ordinary bug. Nothing to set them apart. But around dusk, these ordinary bugs become not so ordinary. It's a treat to see.
Tonight, there were so many. Ryan and I went for a walk around the block. We live in a very nice area. The homes that surround us are breathtaking. There are many flower gardens and gigantic trees. The breeze tonight was inviting, since it's been so humid and muggy. I wasn't feeling that great, but the outdoors were beckoning me to join. I couldn't resist. It was peaceful, walking and holding hands with my husband. Despite my stomach ache, I felt very content (I'm just hoping this constant stomach ache means something great. But let's not get our hopes up). I think lightening bugs would cheer anyone up. One can not look at them and be sad. They are a wonder. I'm going to miss them so much when we leave.

4 comments:
I hope that's what it means too!
Sorry if it is weird that I follow your blog, but I totally do.
Anyways... I wanted to comment to say that I've got my fingers crossed for you! Hopefully we'll both get what we want someday! :)
I love the lightning bugs too! I think that Heavenly Father created somethings simply to bring us joy. They really are magical :) Just reading about your evening walk made me smile.
Don't worry, Tim and Lara weren't there either!!! But we miss you sooo much! I was beginning to think you guys ran away, you blog is overdue!
Post a Comment