This has given me cause to reevaluate myself and what I do and what I am becoming. I used to read A LOT! I used to write A LOT! In fact, I was getting really good at writing, so good I wanted to write a book and have it published and have a movie made from it (Ok, maybe I'm not that good)! I'm not being arrogant, I'm just saying that I was blessed with a gift that I have successfully buried...deep.
So, now I think it is time to pick up that figurative shovel and start digging my talent out of the dirt, for that is indeed where I have buried the poor thing, right in the dirt. First of all, I need to ask forgiveness from my Father in Heaven for neglecting this talent that He has given me. Because I know that it's from Him that I have received it. Second, I have to be patient with myself, which I'm not very good at. I've been getting frustrated lately when I try to write. I get a block. I hate the block! But I just have to realize that it takes time to get back to where I was, and become better. Writing in my journal will help. Just putting down in words what is going on in my head, not worrying that someone will read it and think I'm crazy (which, if someone did read my journal, they would for sure know that I'm crazy), will help so much in digging my way out.
Also, writing more on my blog. Sorry to those of you who read this blog, but I will be getting a little more personal, and a little bit more wordy. But like I've said in the past, I view my blog as a journal. Which shows you how much I write in my actual journal... not very much. And, anyway, you're the one who has chosen to read this blog, so I don't feel sorry for you.
I need to get on this before a pair of antennae start growing out of my head. I do not want to be like Jimmy Jet and turn into a T.V.!!
Happy Writing to Me!!!
1 comment:
yaay!! I am so glad that you are going to be writing more! and at least you have recognized your talent... i have yet to find mine :( in my spare time I end up walking my dog, which requires 0 talent.
Post a Comment