Saturday, October 18, 2008

You haven't water proofed your new shoes yet!



We had such a fun day today. We went to one of the MANY parks in Cleveland and took pictures of the changing leaves. There are more trees here than I'm used to and the brilliant colors were such beautiful things to see. I loved it. There's going to be a lot more leaves on the ground than this in a couple weeks, because as you can see, it's still pretty green. There is a really pretty creek that runs through the park. The floor of the creek is all rock. There's no mud or dirt. It was interesting, and very pretty. Here I am wanting to jump in. There was a deep part and it looked fun. But I was a little cold and I'm sure the water wouldn't be any warmer, so I didn't jump. It would have been fun though. We enjoyed walking down the trail and seeing the wildlife(squirrels and chipmunks, mostly:)) It was peaceful and beautiful. I was feeling a little down the other daybecause I knew I was missing all the splendor in the canyons back at home, but this was almost as beautiful and it cheered me right up! There are just so many trees and they are huge!!! Ryan and I are doing well. Ryan took another test this friday. He was a little nervous about this one. He said he probably did well. He'll know by monday. He has another test on Wednesday. The professor for that class isn't that great, so he's had to pretty much figure things out on his own, with the help of his friends from school of course. But other than that, he's doing well. And he got new shoes! Yay! I'm doing well too. Work was picking up there for awhile, but it's died down again. And I love our ward and the all sisters. Diane and I are quickly becoming really really good friends and I don't know what I'd do without her. She is such a fun and amazing person. I'm very grateful for her.:) I've also been baking a lot more since I got my Kitchen Aid. I love it! I was never really interested in cooking or baking, but now I love it. It's theraputic for me. And Ryan is loving it too:) He finally is getting regular home cooked meals, wahoo!:) Anywho, here's some more pictures from our day. We love you all. Ryan's holding a leaf. Just thought I'd explain:) Here's us by the creek. I think this is such a good picture of Ryan. His beard his filling out nicely. I think he's so handsome:) Ryan's jumping on a few leaves. And so am I:) I'm trying to make my brother in law Scott proud with my photography:) I hope it's working. This one of Ryan is my favorite one of the day. He was trying to cross the creek but the rock was slippery. So that's as far as he got. I made him stop. I didn't want him to fall.

7 comments:

kjirsti said...

Kristi! Your blog is amazing. I can't believe how gorgeous all of your pictures are! They make me want to go on a walk. Thanks!

Brittney said...

Great photos! I love having good friends in my ward too! Gotta love a good KitchenAid! What kinds of things have you been baking?! Maybe you should start a cooking segment to your blog!

Mary said...

Hey your pictures are so pretty! Isn't Cleveland AMAZING this time of year?! Looks like you guys had some fun! By they way I love your outfit in the big pic at the bottom of the page with your hubby, I'm assuming that the pic was taken at his white coat ceremony.

This is Us! said...

Wow, the photos impressed me for sure! What a beautiful area!!

Shontel & Kamron said...

Oh my gosh it is beautiful there!! I am so jealous that you guys get to live somewhere new and explore it. Hows the new job going?

Slater Blog said...

Kristy, it looks like you guys are living in a great area. it is beautiful there. Your photography is awesome too, I think Scott would be proud.

Kristin said...

If you think I am lucky you should look at yourself:) You are married! I want my own kids and I know it's not always easy but I can't really start trying until I get that first little step over with:) I am lucky and it's good to be reminded because it's easy to forget but I think you are lucky because you are one step closer to my goal then I am:) Hope you are doing well and thanks for the cute comments!