Monday, May 18, 2009

We FINALLY had visitors

We were lucky enough to have our presence graced by two visitors!! We were so excited. Ryan's cousin Michael and his wife Richelle were in town on a little vacation and to visit Richelle's brother. We met up with them in Kirtland, where we went to an exhibit at the visitor's center there. It was an amazing bronze sculpture exhibit called "The Healing Power of Christ". I loved it. To see pictures and learn about the artist go here. I would post pictures but they are all copyrighted. The spirit was there in abundance. I wanted to take home all of the sculptures, but there would be no room in my house for them. The wonderful sister missionary who was our guide throughout the exhibit was just darling. I really was impressed with her amazing spirit. It shone through her eyes and the stregnth of her testimony was evident with every word she said. I found myself wanting to be a better person just by being in her presence.

After Kirtland, we all went out to dinner and on to our house for games and yummy strawberry pie (not made by me). Good food, good art, good company, good times!!! Thank you Mike and Richelle, we loved having you over. It was great. If you are ever out our way again, please stop by :).

I had to add this story. This past Sunday, nursery was going well. We only had 5 children. We missed all of those who were gone. We didn't quite know what to do with ourselves with only 5 children when we are so used to about 10 or 11 children. I don't think anyone else will find this story funny, but it WAS! We got all the children in their chairs to start singing time. One of the boys got out of his chair and started running around. While he was doing that, another boy came and sat in his chair. The father of the boy who was running around was there to help us. He called over to his son to come sit down. This little boy noticed someone else was sitting in his chair. He walked right up to this other boy and with a serious look on his cute little face said, "Get off!" He said it with a tough attitude! This little boy has a cute little face and a cute little voice, and he is little. The boy who was sitting in his chair was bigger and a little taller. I started laughing SO hard. I had to leave because I was interupting singing time. I know you had to be there, but oh man, it was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Weisenbeck Family said...

Hey Kris, I just found your blog too. I just added you to my list. My address in weisenbeck.blogspot.com

Michael White said...

Thanks guys, we had a great time too! We loved playing games again! Your home is fun, warming and beautiful! Thanks for hanging out with us, Cleveland is amazing and we hope after a few more years there you will still want to come back! We love and miss you!

richelle said...

Hey I also sent an invite to ryan's email to our blog. Let me know if it doesn't work. Thanks again for visiting with us!