I've been thinking about these three people a lot lately. How I miss them!!!! Shawna and Scott have been married for ten years now and they have a beautiful son, and a beautiful life. I love them dearly. It's very difficult sometimes to be so far away. I don't get to cuddle with my nephew and enjoy Shawna and Scott's company. It's very good company! But, oh, I relish the times when I'm there :). It's wonderful. You wouldn't know the sweet without some bitter in there. Shawna and Scott are two peas in pod. I really don't have a memory without those two in it. They love each other deeply and it's very evident. Most important, they have SO much fun together. They laugh at each other, tease each other, it's wonderful.
I feel like Scott is the older brother I never had that I always wanted. He fills that role to a T! Being the protector, the tease, the example. I've gone to him many a time for advice, and most often for a laugh. He's so willing to help. He's an exremely talented photographer. He did my wedding pictures, and I'm SOOOOO so so glad he did. They are beautiful and show his artistic personality, which is one of the reasons I love the pictures so much. There are so many things that set him apart as one of the perect brothers-in-law (for I have two), but the most important is how much he loves my sister. And he is a wonderful father. I'm so happy that he is in our family. It would not be complete without him.
Shawna, my dear Shawna. I love her!! She is the epidome of happiness. I love talking to her because she always brings me up to a higher plain. Something I've never outgrown is trying to be like my older sister. She's always been an example of how following in the Lord's ways makes one happy. She's a wonderful woman and I'm so proud and thankful to call her my sister. I know I've said this many times, but I'm so happy that she is a mother. It makes me jump for joy (I know you think I'm using a cliche here, but I literally do jump for joy!). I love seeing her smiling face, which has brightened a little since the arrival of our little Kallen (who they so lovingly have nicknamed "Awesome"). She's a natural and makes motherhood look so easy.
I love that kid!!! He has blessed us all with so much joy, it's a little overwhelming. I miss him so much! His smile could make the coldest of hearts melt. I love everything about him. He's growing so fast. Sometimes I wish I could tell him to stop growing until we return from Cleveland. But that's a little too selfish on my part.
I hope we return with a cousin for him to play with :)
I love you Scawna & Shott!!!! Happy Tenth!!!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment