Right now I really feel like complaining. I'm sitting here at work looking at the mountains of filing I have to do and I have a strong urge to cry my head off and walk out of this office forever. I feel like I'm one of those sad soldiers sitting down peeling mounds of potatoes as a punishment. And then I wonder, "What am I being punished for?" Then I stop thinking that. I am not being punished. I have a job, a job that keeps us fed, clothed, warm and housed. I need to be more grateful for the things that I have been blessed with. This job is most definitely NOT what I want to be doing, I can think of thousands of other things I could do, job wise. I know I should have aquired an education before now, but I'm not going to go into that. I've torn myself apart enough about that. Moving on...
So I'm going to take a break from all the lovely filing and from all the destructive complaining and write about all the things that have made me happy today, so far; the day is still young :).
Every morning as I drive to work, I drive past a house and in the front yard there is a little boy playing catch with his mother. His mother always is dressed up for work, and runs around in heels, sometimes flats, playing catch with her son. The boy is always smiling and looks like he's having the time of his life. I love driving past that house every morning. I can't help but smile myself. I think that it's wonderful that that mother makes that time specail for her son.
I had time to make myself some toast as I was running around getting ready for work. I hardly eat breakfast, but this morning, I had toast with my mothers homemade apricot jam. Not only was it delish! but I thought about my amazing mother and that always makes me happy.
My husband hugged me extra tightly and gently kissed me before he left for school. He does that every morning and I love it. I love that we can't say goodbye, even if it's just me going to the store for a few minutes, without saying I love you.
I read my two favorite blogs, Nie Nie Dialogues and C Jane. I LOVE THEM!!! I love Nie, she is one amazing woman. I encourage everyone who doesn't read that blog to start right away!! I have a link over there on the right, hard to miss. It's in the shape of a typewriter. READ IT!! C Jane is her sister who also has a fabulous blog. I don't have a link for hers yet, but if you go to Nie's she has one. They are both full of inspiration, love, humor, and it's delicious to read. They are word smiths and the pictures are amazing! I always feel so grateful for the people in my life after reading them. Especially Nie's. I feel so conected with her and she has become a very good friend, even though we've never met!
I prayed that this dreary mountain of filing wouldn't look so daunting, and now it looks like just a small mole hill. Oh how I LOVE the power of prayer. How can one make it through life without praying? I know I must make Heavenly Father weary, because I pray about every five minutes. Ok, maybe not that much, but it's a lot! I can't help but pray. I thank God for such a gift!
I'm looking foward to spending this evening with my hubs and a cute girl named Lily, who is the daughter of some very good friends of ours.
Despite the dreariness, life is good.
3 comments:
Oh I am feeling the same way about work. And the praying all day everyday I am the same. I have probably prayed three times to help me in my work like remeber where I put something because it is incredible important and I pray and then find them. It's an amazing thing.
I have to clean my office for a special guest on Monday so I am blogging!!
This was a wonderful post...something I NEEDED to read! I'm glad you're keeping such a positive attitude despite everything.
Kristy,
I found your blog through facebook, I read over a few posts and I just wanted to tell you that despite what isn't right or exactly what you want in your life, you are doing the right thing by refocusing on all that is good. Every day I have to do the same thing. Everyone is struggling, it is just so hard for some to see the tender mercies in life. I am so happy that you can still see that! Don't loose site!
I will have to add you to my reading list, it will be nice to catch up again!
~Shannon (Muncey) Weeks
Post a Comment