Random thought you say? No, not really.
I've never really thought about Japan or the distance in miles it is from Ohio...
or anywhere else in the United States for that matter.
It's weighing heavy on my mind lately.
Around 8,000 miles heavy.
About a month and a half ago, Ryan's sister Jennifer called.
Her husband Jason had been offered a job in Japan.
They prayed long and hard. This is one of those decisions that requires guidance.
The answer they got was, yes, they should take the job.
It such a wonderful opportunity for Jason.
And I'm so proud of him.
We were SO very excited for them. We STILL are very excited for them.
I've been thinking about our own move away from Utah and our family.
It hasn't been easy at times, but I wouldn't trade it for a second!
I know it will be the same for them.
Japan! That is going to be a tremendous experience.
I've been thinking about my incredible sister-in-law.
She is wonderful.
I love her laugh.
I like making her laugh, just so I can hear it.
She is a good sister and friend.
I miss her. I will miss her so much more.
That is why I've realized that Japan is so far away.


I'm sad because we won't be able to go and visit and see all of this beauty. And because we won't be able to go and visit. However, there is chance we will all meet in Hawaii sometime. If that's what must be done to see them, I'll make that sacrifice.
This couldn't have come at a more opportune time...selfish wise. We are here in Ohio for two and a half more years, they will be over in Japan for two years. So it all works out. My cute niece Cassie set up an email account so that we can keep in touch easier. I LOVE that! And I love her :). Jessie and Carston I love just as much. To be cheesy, My cup runneth over!
I am so excited for this new adventure in their lives.
...and very jealous!


3 comments:
Wow! Japan! I love Japanese gardens, they are beautiful. And I know how to say, "I'm a child of God" in Japanese, but that's the extent of my Japanese knowledge.
I go the Abuelita at Giant Eagle. I think Nathan found it in the Mexican aisle.
Ahhh. Aren't you sweet! I've been thinking lately about how hard it's going to be to get everyone on a schedule exactly opposite of the one we're on now (16 hours ahead) and then wondering if I should just stay up all night and sleep all day so I can communicate with people at home! :)--Jennifer
WOW! That is so amazing! I would feel really torn also!
Post a Comment