
While living here in Cleveland, I've been exposed to a diverse religious culture. Jewish and Catholicism being the most prevelant. It's been a wonderful learning experience. Escpecially since yesterday was Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday for those of us who don't speak French, and I got to hear all about how one of my co-workers stuffed her face and got hammered! It was entertaining to hear, to say the least :). Well today, she is going to church, since it's now Ash Wednesday, so that she may confess everything and start anew. Along with that, she'll start Lent, which is a 40 day fast. She will give up something she loves for 40 days and won't eat meat on Fridays.
Anywho, I thought to myself, "Hey I might want to try and give something up for 40 days, just to see if I can do it". So I'm giving up soda for 40 whole days *gulp*. Let's see if I make it. I'm going to start this "No Soda Embargo" by watching "Chocolat". I love that movie. It takes place during a Lenten Fast, and it has Johny Depp in it. Plus, it's a really good story.
Anywho, I thought to myself, "Hey I might want to try and give something up for 40 days, just to see if I can do it". So I'm giving up soda for 40 whole days *gulp*. Let's see if I make it. I'm going to start this "No Soda Embargo" by watching "Chocolat". I love that movie. It takes place during a Lenten Fast, and it has Johny Depp in it. Plus, it's a really good story.
"Let the great experiment begin!" (If you've ever seen Arrested Development, I'm sure you chuckled).
6 comments:
You can do it Kristy! And you will feel such a difference if you keep that soda out of your system. There is so much junk in soda, I have no doubt it will make you feel better.
If you can go 40 days without something, it will be easier to stay away from it even longer. Let us know after 40 days if you made it!!
Just thinking of not drinking soda made me really thirsty. But I know you can do it.
You can do it! I've never seen Chocolat. I've heard it's really good, though.
Isn't it funny that they go do all these crazy things just so they can repent of them. It makes me laugh. :) I may have to do the 40 day fast with you but I am not sure what I will give up since soda isn't a temptation for me. I'll think of something and let you know. :)
Ooh, good luck!!! I can't wait to hear about the journey!
Lol! I love both those shows! Good luck :)
Post a Comment