Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Now entering Tribe Country!!

Well after nearly three weeks in Cleveland we are finally getting our blog up and going as promised. We've enjoyed our time here; it has felt like a vacation for both of us. Now that school has started for Ryan and once I get a job, it will feel more like we live here. The weather hasn't been as bad as either of us expected. It's humid and gets hot, especially in our little house since we don't have air conditioning. Yuck!! Thank goodness we have a fan:). Speaking of our house, we LOVE it!!! It's actually a house they've converted into upstairs and downstairs apartments. We live on the first floor. It's an old house and it is so pretty. It's in a really nice neighborhood. It's bigger than any apartment we've been in:). There is a little room in the back where Ryan has set up his "office" where he can study. We just love it. The fact that our house is awesome helps a lot with the homesickness we often feel. The first week we were here was too busy to think about anything but moving in an unpacking and such, but now that we're all settled in the homesickness is starting to creep in. I hope I can find a job really soon so that my time will be occupied before I start school. Oh yeah, I'm going to register for massage therapy school. I'm really excited about that. I finally made up my mind about what I want to do so, YAY!! So we are starting to settle and get going with life. To change the subject, This past week has been a long one for both of us. I flew home for five days because my grandpa passed away. I wish I could have gone home for a happier reason, but I'm so glad I was able to be there for his funeral. He is a wonderful man and I'm going to miss him so much. I never really knew him as much as I wanted to. He's a man of few words. At the funeral my dad and all of his brothers and sisters shared some memories of grandpa and I didn't want them to stop. I loved hearing about how much of a hard worker he was and how much he loves his family. It was an amazing tribute to a wonderful man and I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I love my grandpa. He will be greatly missed. Despite that, it was really good to be home and be with my family. I really really wish Ryan could have gone with me. I missed him so much. Ryan started school on Monday the 4th. It's just orientation this week. He starts the real stuff next monday. There is a White Coat Ceremony this friday. That's where he gets his white coat in preperation for him to be a doctor (Docta Jones! Docta Jones!:)). It's a special ceremony and I'll post pictures of it. We went to an Indians game two weeks ago. It was Ryan's first game and my first ever pro anything game. We were up in the Cheap Seats. The players looked tiny. But it was a really good game and they of course won, because we were there. I told the coach to tell the players that this was my husbands first game so they better win. They made us proud:) There was an amazing fireworks show after the game. It was such a fun night. We've officially entered the tribe.:) We can't think of anything else right now, so we'll post again later. Love you and miss you all!!!!!

1 comment:

Shontel & Kamron said...

YAY!! we are so happy you guys have a blog now. It looks much better than ours. Kamron wants to know if you guys are Lebron James fans now... lol