Sunday, November 9, 2008

The LeBron James Show

Last Wednesday Kristy's boss was asking people in the office if they wanted box seats for a Cavs game that night, everyone told him no, including Kristy. After he left she thought to herself, "Ryan would kill me if he knew I passed up those tickets." So she called him to see if he still had them available and he did... eight of them. So we invited some friends to come with us. When I looked at the tickets I was amazed to see that they were $250 a piece... Holy crap!!!! Kristy's boss does alright I'd say. (Good for him and for us it turns out) We entered the stadium and took the elevator down to the bottom floor. The guy checked our tickets and showed us the private lounge we had access to and showed the way to the court. When we stepped out we were practically on the court. Our seats were behind the hoop just off to the right probably thirty feet from the court. It was a great experience, especially with a few friends. It kinda felt like we were rich, not just struggling students. LeBron had a great game and put on the kind of show that is expected here in Cleveland. He fills that arena all by himself and won the game basically by himself. The rest of the team is ok, but King James, as they call him here, is another level and scored 41 points. So here is a picture of the pre-game festivities. The next day Kristy heard that it is very unlikely that we'll ever have another chance at those tickets but if the chance comes up again I'll take it with no hesitation. So the other events in my life are that I have finals this week and next, and then a week off for Thanksgiving. The two weeks after that we will go into inner city schools to do sealants on the kids, and then we will be on Christmas break and on our way to Utah. And another great thing happened last week... we got a new foosball table at school. You've never seen so many excited dental students. It was like Christmas morning. We got a table from the national foosball championship for the low, low price of $1400... used. Nice to know that my tuition finally got me something good :) So for those who don't know I've found a new love for foosball and am fast becoming an addict, since it is like the dental school's official sport. Kristy is doing well, she is getting busier at work, and is going to have a lot to get done before we go to Utah. That is both good and bad. Other than that life is pretty much the same, just looking forward to coming home for Christmas, in case I haven't mentioned it enough already :) Here are some more pictures from the game.Here we are in our box. Ok our's for the night. Good enough for me.Another shot of LBJ... We all thought that the Cavs player in the background looked like a chick.

6 comments:

Brittney said...

That is awesome! I cannot believe that you passed them up the first time, what were you thinking? I would of been jumping on my desk for tickets like that to any game!! Cool pictures!

Shawna said...

What freakn fun date night! I can't believe you passed up the tickets the first time either. HELLO!! Love ya.

Suzie said...

I am SO JEALOUS! I love Lebron James!! I think he is so hot and he is my favorite NBA player! You are so dang lucky!!!

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

Leaving? What? When? Oh man, that was an awesome game. I close my eyes and pretend I am still there.......
-Diane ;)

Tawnya and Gavin Linsley said...

ohhhhhh myyyyyy LUCKY!!! and marlie is my puppy:) i brought her home from cali earlier this year.. hahah my mom and dad were so happy about it!

Marilyn said...

cute photo of the two of you! It looks like you had a lot of fun! Cool! Are you coming to see twilight on Thursday night?