Monday, November 24, 2008

BCS... again!

Well after a hard fought season with some close shaves, some really close, the Utes are headed for glory again. Proof that maybe some Utah fans and players are living right on and off the field as well :) (Sorry couldn't resist one more shot at Collie). The worst part of the whole thing... I live 1700 miles away from SLC now. I missed the magic and only managed to see two games, the first and the last. I listened as King Louie saved our season a few times and some last minute heroics by Johnson kept the streak going. There is still the sweet taste of history repeated and BYU fans remembering better times while Utah continues to fund their athletic dept. K maybe that was offsides, but anyone who knows me knows that I'm mostly kidding :) I'm proud to wear my Utah red out in the land of the Big X.
I finished my first semester of school and believe I passed everything. The first semester wasn't exactly what I expected, but then who can really guess what any experience will be until they pass through it. It has been great and the time has flown so fast, yet when I think of everything that I have done, all the friends that I have made, and all the things I've learned it seems that it couldn't have gone that fast.
For now I have a week off for Thanksgiving and seem to be getting sick, suck! We are going to go to an indoor water park for Thanksgiving, keeping away from tradition:) We are excited and this place is supposed to be amazingly fun. We'll post pictures.
I'm going to start two weeks of sealant duty in inner city schools the Monday after Thanksgiving. It will be a great experience and everyone says it is the highlight of the first year. I'm excited to give back to the community and experience something that Utah doesn' have to offer in the same way.
After that we will be home and loving the time with family. It is all that Kristy can think about. She is doing well, missing home and adapting to her job. She is very busy and usually tired at work, but hopes to be able to stay on after her probationary three months are up, which is right as we come home for Christmas.
I guess that's it for me for now. I'm excited to see where the Utes will go and if they can keep their bowl winning streak alive. At least this time we won't get a crappy Pittsburgh team and can really show the nation what we have got. Go Utes!

Just to clear things up, this is Kristy typing now :). I went to the "Twilight" movie late thursday night with some girls from my ward. It was such a nice evening. I love the girls in my ward. We had so much fun. Even though I was SO tired and had to work the next day, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I was a little nervous going to this movie. I'm not a huge "Twilight" fan like most women are so I wasn't really that excited. I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen and some of the acting was less than good, but all in all it was well done. I instantly fell in love with Edward! Although, he wasn't what I had pictured in my head. I had imagined him to absolutely beautiful. The actor was gorgeous though:) And he made Edwards personality come to life. I'm always bugged when they make a movie from a book, they never do it justice. But this one was awesome. I still like the book better, but I was pleased with the movie. I am totally in love with Edward :)!!

7 comments:

Tawnya and Gavin Linsley said...

WE ALL LOVE EDWARD!!

Suzie said...

Ryan: The UTES rock! Wasn't it such an amazing game!! It's so nice to see their hard work pay off!! I can't wait to find out what Bowl game they will go to and who they will play! GO UTES!!
Kristy: I love twilight... im not an obsessed fan either. In fact i have to wait to see the movie because i dont think i can stand the screaming clapping women... but i cant wait to see it!! you should email me sometime so we can catch up better.
suzier81@hotmail.com
love ya!

Pace's said...

I have nothing to say about the BYU Utah game except that I was glad to be there and watch the pick parade. I would rather lose that way then in a close one. I am just glad I got out of the prison (U of U stadium) alive. Check out my blog to see me take my life into my own hands!

{M}PG said...

Hello - this is your cousin Terra. So we have both of you for Christmas - will you email me some ideas for each of you or even a together present since we have both of you! Thank you!! I hope you guys are doing great!

Terra
t_naffziger@yahoo.com

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

I LIKED Edward, but am in love with my husband. ;) You have to admit, once you got going on what, the 2nd book, you read the rest pretty fast!!! Thanks for comming with me girl! I had a blast!!!

Matt and Ashley said...

Ryan: yeah baby go Utes! I am excited to see who they will play. Well hope you are having a good Thanksgiving. Good to hear you made it through your first semester. My finals are coming up here in just a few more days so I will be a busy man. Well have fun at the inner city clinics for the next 2 weeks. Let me know how it is.
-Schaps

---Andrew--- said...

What a freakin cute blog you guys have. I wish that I was more into it! GO utes! I knew that they'd win by a lot! I loved your sister tribute kris! I love you so much, you made me cry! You are one very beautiful girl and I Luf, Luf , Luf you :) ha ha! Ryans beard us huge...how is that to kiss?!!!
Love ya, Kel