Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Two Peas in a Pod

At this moment, I feel joy. Nothing in particular has happened. It's still cold and I know that when I look outside my window I will still see 50 feet of white snow (ok, that was an exaggeration, but there is a lot of snow out there). I still wish summer would get here much sooner than it's going to. And I still miss my family so much, I wish I could travel in seconds like they do in those fantasy books I like to read. I feel joy because I'm sitting here in our bed eating a crunchy apple and reading a delicious book. Best of all, I'm all snuggled next to the person I love the most in this entire world. He is playing games on his computer and intermitently tickeling my side. I tell him to stop tickeling me, but I really don't want him to. I love seeing the gorgeous smile that spreads across his face when I laugh. It's worth it. I'm just so blessed to have him in my life. Not only have him in my life but to have him be my life. We are like two peas in a pod. That's why, no matter how much of a mundane day at work I've had, I can go home and be as happy as can be; I get to go home to Ryan. Now he's reaching over and playing with my hair. That's one of my favorite things he does. He plays with my hair when he's tired or concentrating or anxious, or when he's sitting in sacrament meeting, or pretty much anytime. I worry that I'm going to go bald because of it. But that is an irrational fear, I think. :). He's so cute. I just love the cute things he does. I just love being by his side. I'm lucky I get to call him "my baby".

4 comments:

Suzie said...

What a sweet post!

Anonymous said...

I always notice him playing with your hair in sacrament I love it! And he is lucky to have you I think!

Kellie said...

That's such a great post! :)

mae said...

Aw, you are so cute! I'm glad you are so happy!