Since I have a few months off school, we decided that it would be a great opportunity for me to go home and visit family and get some camping/golfing in with my parents. So I flew out to Utah and let my loving wife at home to work and pay the bills while I played. She is the best wife ever. She later joined me for a week and a half, but I will let her write all about our time there together and everything that happened. I will cover what happened there while she was still in Cleveland.
Like I said earlier my time in Utah waiting for Kris to join me was filled with golf and camping. I golfed quite a bit with my dad and a couple days with my mom. I finally got my swing in shape, shot some good rounds

and wowed my stepdad with my display of power. My hope was to have things clicking in time for some golf in Michigan, after our Utah trip, with my friend Brett. Well fast forward to MI and my game sucked again already :)
Side note: My mom would disown me if she ever saw this but since I know she never looks at our blog I'm confident that I will still be in the will.
My mom then took me to Wendover for an outing and I was reminded that I should not be allowed near casinos for the good of my wallet. Its a good thing that my religion discourages gambling and that I am way too poor to go consistently 'cause I'm only a few thousand dollars away from being labeled a full blown addict.

Then my sister, her family, my dad and I went up to Currant Creek for 5 days for some fishing and relaxing. It was a lot of fun even though we did get some rain and the fishing wasn't as good as it has been historically. I had some success on the float tube and a little bit with a spinner on the stream. Mostly it was great to have some time with my dad and the Cowley's (my sister's family). Nieces/nephews are the hardest part of being away because they grow so fast and we miss so much while we are away.

Kristy and I struggle a lot with homesickness thinking about our sisters' kids. So here are some pictures of the Cowley kids to brighten my day. That little blond girl is Cassie... she's a few days away from turning 9.
Jessie is this little girl wearing my hat. She just turned 4 the last day of our camping trip.


And Carston is 10 months. He would point at you and wait for you to point back, man that made me smile.
It was a great trip! Two weeks is a long time for Kristy and I to be away from each other, and we were both very excited to see each other. Luckily, we got to spend another week and a half in Utah with family and friends.
1 comment:
I'm glad Kristy could fly out to be with you and the family. We miss y'all!
Post a Comment