Sunday, January 4, 2009

What Luggage?

We're back in Cleveland. Good Ol' Cleveland. I would really like to say that I am so grateful for my job and the fact that Ryan is in Dental School and that we have great friends here. Having said that, I would also like to say that there is no where in the world like Utah. I just LOVE the beautiful and (I never realized this before) huge mountains, the wide roads that are so organized and the wonderful left turning lanes. I love being with my parents and sisters and brothers and amazing in laws and friends. I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz when she clicks her heels and says "There's no place like home", only when she clicks her heels she goes home. I know I sound whiney and I apologize for that. The last two weeks we were in Salt Lake with our families for Christmas. It was awesome. It felt like we were there for a lot longer than two weeks...in a good way. Christmas was awesome. Shawna and Scott, my older sis and her hubby, were able to share Christmas day with us before they went to Illinois to GET THEIR BABY!!!! Yes, yes they finally adopted:). Their baby boy was born on December 27. He is so precious. We were able to web cam with them a couple times. They have to stay in Illinois for about a week more to take care of the legal aspects. We were able to watch Scott change a poopy diaper:). They are cute parents and I'm so happy for them. And they look so happily exhausted:).

We were also able to spend time with Kelly and Andrew, my l'il sis and her husband. They flew in on New Year's day. It was great to see them and I wish we could have had more time. Man! Time, Time that's all I want out of life is more time!!!!! Seriously, I was thinking of mailing my christmas list to Santa this year, and Time would be the only thing on it!

Anywho, we also were able to see our niece Cassie get baptized on saturday. We have the cutest and most lovable nieces in the world. She was so excited to get baptized. She looked radiant and I'm so proud of her. We got to see Carston, our nephew, for the first time. I just held him and held him and didn't want to let go. He's only three months and is already laughing and interacting and I just love it. It was so hard to leave them. Jen, my sister-in-law and mother of Cassie, Jessie, and Carston is so wonderful. I'm lucky to have her as a sister-in-law. And they are lucky to have her as a mother:).

We spent New year's Eve with our friends. We had a party and it was awesome! I just love all of them. They all said they would try and come visit us. I want all of you to know that I'm counting on that. So if you don't want to make me sad, You'll visit, and soon!!! and yes I'm a big guilt tripper and I don't feel bad about it.

Now we are at home, waiting for our luggage to be delivered to our home since it was lost in transit. Delta will be getting an earfull from me. I've never had my luggage not be there when I got off the plane. We were standing there at the baggage claim watching the carousel go around and around and the number of bags slowly decreasing and not seeing ours anywhere. If this has ever happened to you, you know that feeling of panic. It's funny how losing your luggage makes you feel like a little child who has lost their parents in a big crowd. Suddenly the world seems so much bigger and that panic takes over. My bags aren't here!! I would hate to work at the lost baggage office; people generally aren't happy when they go in there. We were informed that our bags would be delivered tonight at aroung ten. It is now eleven. Ryan just called and found out that the plane they are so innocently flying on isn't going to be here untill 11:30 and they will deliver them tomorrow sometime...oh and they were only able to track two. We have three. The panicy feeling is getting worse!! Yeah, so I'm a drama queen:). I know it will all work out. I'll just say a prayer and have faith that it will be ok. There really is nothing we can do right now. Seriously all of our stuff is in our luggage, so going to work tommorow is going to be tricky. I hope they don't mind a greasy, unmakeup-ed girl in jeans and a t-shirt in the office:). Maybe I'll just call in...after two and half weeks of vacation. Welcome home Kristy and Ryan! I know I've sounded pretty negative, I'm really not, this is just making me laugh. It really has been a good trip. The icing on the cake, our Utes WON BABY!!! perfect season. I'm so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan is starting his second semester of school tomorrow. This one should be a little tougher than the last, but I think he is up for the challenge. He has a test to start off the semester, so wish him luck.:) As always, thank you for reading this novel, those of you who have endured:) We love you and miss you already!!! We hope you had a great Christmas and wish you a happy New Year.:)

P.S. I would have posted some pictures, but our camera broke two days into our vacation:).

7 comments:

Brittney said...

That was crazy eventful! So much happened! I am sorry about your luggage. My neighbor had their luggage lost once, and when they returned it they just threw it on the lawn. Like a drive-by luggaging! I am glad that you were able to come home for the holdays!

Slater Blog said...

I feel your pain. I don't know what it is about the Slater's but we have had a rough time with luggage this year. First, the airline(I think it was US Airways) lost our luggage when we arrived in Aruba this last April/May, it was 2 of the 3 suitcases that were lost, but the one we did have was what we didn't really need, like shoes and food and such. We didn't have a change of clothes, garments, toiletries..nothing for 2 1/2 days. Needless to say we did some shopping as soon as we got there, which I didn't complain too much about, but they didn't have anywhere to buy garments of course. Luckily the place we stayed had a washer and dryer, so even though we only had 1 set of garments, we did keep them somewhat clean. Then my mother in law lost her luggage this year as well as my brother in law. I can't believe airlines, how do they let this happen so often?
Like I said, I feel your pain - hopefully you have it by now.

I'm glad you had a great trip home. I thought about calling you but knew you didn't have a whole lot of time and am sure you had lots planned with family and such. I'm so excited for Scott and Shawna, this is so great for them. They have been waiting for so long and totally deserve this miracle in their lives. You tell her to get prepared, she just might end up pregnant in a few months.
Sorry for the novel, but I'm glad you had a good time and I'll talk to you soon.
-Jamie

mae said...

Oh what a nightmare. I had luggage lost once. They brought it to the house at 3:00am! I felt bad for guy who worked that shift because he really wanted to chat and I really wanted to go back to bed. Although, now that I think about it, he was telling me about all the people who had tipped him after he brought their luggage to them. No way I was going to go find him some money in the middle of the night! ha!
Glad you had a good Christmas!!

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

All that aside, it's SOOOOOO good to have you back! ;) Hope Lola didn't get you sick!

This is Us! said...

Oh wow, what an unpleasant airline adventure. BUT!!! It sounds like you had an awesome holiday. It was so fun to see you, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to visit more with you! Next time you're in town I'll make Clay babysit and we'll go do something!

Marilyn said...

Airline services in general have been really frustrating I have found out here in Cleveland. I think it is because we tend to have back weather and there is only so much they can control... still! I hope you are feeling better and adjusting to being back!

Kellie said...

I hope you get your luggage soon, all of it! I'm so excited that your sister and her husband got their baby. I remember when you found out that they were adopting and how excited y'all were.