Thursday, September 18, 2008

Birthdays, Autumn, and Thousand Dollar Readers

So this blog entry is guaranteed to be a lot more cheery than last time, with one exception... those things Ryan has on his head(loupes, as they are technically termed), cost us a thousand bucks!! Sheesh!!! They don't ask much from us poor college students, do they? But the loupes do make looking at teeth a whole heck of a lot easier. It's better for the back; you don't have to bend down so much. Isn't my husband hot!!:) So we've had some good times this week. Mostly just hangin out, just the two of us. We've actually had to stay indoors all week. It's been soooo stormy! It rained and rained and rained and rained. Sunday the wind was so hard, it was like a hurricane. I've never seen wind blow that hard before. It kind of scared me. Tree branches were getting broken off, the power went out. Some neighborhoods still don't have power yet. It was actually the left overs from hurricane Ike. It made it's way all the way up here. It died down significantly, of course. I couldn't imagine being in a full blown hurricane. That would be so terrifying. Anywho, our neighbors, the Mirci's, had a birthday party for their daughter last week. She turned one!:) She is the cutest little girl. She has the cutest little laugh and she makes me happy just looking at her. It was so cute, she just stared at her birthday cake for a while then her mom put some frosting in her mouth. It was pretty much demolished after that. It was funny watching her. She really didn't eat that much of it. She just had fun squishing it up. I just love her! I love all of their kids. So I can't say no when Diane asks me to tend them. My Birthday is coming up this Saturday and I'm SOOO tempted to squish my cake up like that. It looked like so much fun. ha ha:) It's probably not age appropriate for someone who is turning 29, though. Darn it! Ah, 29. What can I say. Only one more year of being in my 20's. I'm not really as freaked out as I thought I would be. Just talk to me in a year from now, hee hee:).
This is me and Diane, mom of the birthday girl and one of my really good friends. She has been such a saving grace for me. She is the cutest thing ever and I'm so grateful for her. And so grateful she's just next door.

I saw this tree close to our house and was surprised that the leaves were already starting to change. It got me very excited for fall. I love fall. It's my favorite season. Mostly because of the fall fashions, but I just love the cozy feeling I get. It's going to be great seeing the all the leaves change, ya know, because there are THOUSANDS of trees here. I love it!





Ryan is so hot! I can't stand it. His loupes flip up so that he can see normally when he isn't dentisting:). I just love him so much. I'm so proud of him.




As if my eyes weren't big enough, hee hee:). As for Ryan, he's doing really well. He passed his tests with greater than 85% and is very excited about that:). He also found a new game called "fantastic contraption" on the internet. He's addicted to it. Quite a waste of time if you ask me:). Well that was our exciting week. Peace out! ~Kristy Lynn~

5 comments:

Suzie said...

Kristy, Its so good to see what's going on with you guys! As soon as i saw the glasses on Ryan i knew exactly what they were! :) Dentistry is such a great field to be in!! :) Happy Birthday coming up!! I will email you soon so we can update eachother more!

Brittney said...

Happy Birthday Adam! Tomorrow is your Birthday Eve! (Adam came before Eve, get it!) I know that it is lame, but it is a family tradition to wish people Happy Birthday Adam! Have a great day & make Ryan spoil you!

Matt and Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt and Ashley said...

Ryan - I dig the loupes! What brand are they? I am starting to look into my options for some as well. How do you like them so far?

The Powell-Mirci Family! said...

Oh man! Your so sweet. Maybe I should stop asking you to babysit! Just Kidding! I hope you did some cake squishing! If not we'll have to plan it for next year! :)
-Me