Thursday, September 25, 2008

I've been living with a Yeti!!

So I know that I just posted yesterday; what can I say, I just love this blogging thing! I can't get enough!!!! Speaking about birthdays:), mine was fabulous! I just have the best husband in the world. He made the day so special. First he took me on a shopping spree to get some new work clothes. It was so much fun shopping with him. I'm not a good shopper and I never know what looks good together, and Ryan, being a guy, doesn't either, but we were able to get some good shopping done. And it was just awesome being together for the whole day! Then Ryan took me out to dinner at this place called Stir Crazy, which is my favorite place to eat here (so far). We got home and web cam'd with my family while I opened presents and blew out candles on the birthday cake Ryan made for me, from scratch! It was just such a fun birthday. I got a Kitchen Aid!!! I've always wanted one, and I got one:)! It's purple, which makes it even better. I know it's kinda silly being excited over a kitchen aid, Only those who have used one can truly appreciate the kitchen aid:) My wonderful mother sent me a package and inside was a new jacket, a dress and some cupcakes with my favoirte german choclate frosting. There were also balloons and confetti inside. She is just the best mom. She always makes everything so special, even when she is so far away. My mother-in-law is also wonderful. I seriously am so blessed with the awesome in-laws I have:) She sent me some clinique stuff, which I love! I had a great birthday:) Anywho,As the weeks have gone by, I've realized that my husbands hair has been getting longer and longer. His hair doesn't really grow down, it grows out, like an afro. He's turned into a Yeti. He bought some clippers today, because we decided it would be cheaper if I just cut it. Although, I've never cut hair in my life. Needless to say, I was a little nervous as I got the clippers out. Ryan, having complete faith in me, plopped himself down on a chair, put on the haircutting cape, and patiently showed me how to cut hair. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. It's definately not as nice as what my sister Shawna would do, but it's decent. Ryan likes it anyway. Goodbye yeti, hello Ryan. Where have you been? I've missed you. Don't let that scared face fool you. He wasn't afraid at all!!:)


Hi this is Ryan. Kristy says that I wasn't scared at all, but what does this face right here -----> say about being scared? Looks pretty scared to me. I guess I was jsut prepared to buzz the whole thing if she sneezed or something. I might have been thinking about my new calling in that picture and that made me scared. I've been asked, not officially called or anything since it isn't an actual Church thing, to coach/captain the ward volleyball team in an interfaith league. There are no real ward sports here so we join a community rec league for stuff and the bishop usually coached the team but since he is now bishop he doesn't have the time and asked me to do it. I'm totally freaked out since my volleyball knowledge of actual strategy and plays and such is not great. he informed me that it is pretty competitive and that all the players from previous years have either moved or are in the other ward from the last boundary change. He also informed me that they usually win or take 2nd place. Yikes! Other than that school is good. Boring so far but at least there is a littl ebit of tooth related material in the curriculum. I am doing well and have some more tests coming up in two weeks or so. The weeks just fly by. The other thing that happened to me this week is that I lost my phone, like a freaking idiot. I was so upset with myself for losing it and I have no clue how I lost it, if I knew I could probably find it eh? So luckily I had insurance on the thing and a new one will only cos tme $50 that I could have spent on something better than a new phone, but maybe it will learn me to be more responsible. Enough whining. I am really happy these days, other than about the phone thing, and am super excited to play some volleyball. Hope it all works out ok. I love you all and miss everyone.

4 comments:

Brittney said...

Wow, maybe he is the missing link between us and the Yetis!! I love my Kitchen Aid, so I understand your love for yours! I have to admit yours is a cooler color than mine! Also, I was going to tell you that I am an original, there is only ONE BRITTNEY SEDGWICK! YAY!

mae said...

Happy Birthday! Was it the 19th or the 20th? I can't remember between you and Jamie...Anyway, only one more year of your 20's. LIVE IT UP!

I have also been bequeathed with the presence of a Kitchen Aid. Love IT! I hope you enjoy it!

This is Us! said...

The Kitchenaid is amazing...no questions! Happy birthday dear! I'm glad you had a good one, the husbands have so much power in turning a ho-drum day into a fantastic one!!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I will add that I too love my kitchenaid. We got it for our wedding and it has been fabulous! So, on my blog there is a link to leelou blog under some of my favorite websites...go there and there is a plethora of church related pictures that you can use to link to the church on your blog.