weekend; our nephew Carston was born on friday the 5th:) We are so excited!!! We love being an aunt and an uncle and we can't wait to see our new nephew. Our family emailed some pictures of him. He's so adorable. They have two girls, so he will be an exciting new addition to their family. We miss them so much and wish we could have been there to see him. But come Christmas, we will have him all to ourselves:) We can't wait! So, I only have one more week of no work and while I'm excited to start my new job, I'll miss all the free time I've had. I really enjoyed just being a housewife and making my own schedule:) Probably the only time that will ever happen(meaning, I hopefully will start having babies soon). It was great. But now I have be responsible and go out and work. Blah! But really I am very grateful for this blessing. We really needed it. We still haven't recieved any student loan money, so it's nice to be assured of some income. We really have been blessed here. Although we miss our family terribly, we have met some really great people who have helped make it so much easier to be so far away. We've done stuff with friends pretty much every weekend and we've LOVED it. Well I guess I should let Ryan get in some blogging. We love you all. ~Kristy~So no pictures from me since I forgot to plug in the camara. Well I will find out early this week if I passed my first test or not, I think I did, but you can never be sure. Tomorrow I have another test that is not for a grade but we need to get a sixty percent in order to take the final so it still important. It shouldn't be too difficult. So I kept us busy this weekend. We went out with our friends Joe and Diane Mirci on friday to a place called Dave and Buster's. Its like adult Chucky Cheese. We were funny being ticket grubbers for prizes like we were little kids. It was so much fun. Good company makes the night that much better. That could be the theme for our weekend, really. Saturday night we had some of my friends from school and their wives over for pizza and some Wii, then we went bowling. I rolled a 185 the first game and then the lanes broke down and my buddy Kevin started giving me a run for the money. He won the second game and had a six pin lead on the series. I found a shot in the 3rd game and ended up squeaking out the series win by seven pins, and bowled around a 155 average which is where I usually am. Kevin, my good friend from school, and I got thinking that we need to try to get on a league together sometime. We had a hard time finding a bowling alley and the one I finally tracked down turned out to be in a rough neighborhood. Once we got inside though we were fine. There was basically no one there and the bowling was cheap. Kristy and I felt comfortable enough to go back there. Then tonight we had some more friends over from the ward to play games and we taught them Puerto Rico, but spent far more time talking than playing, which is how games are best. We had a great time chatting and everytime they tried to sneak out we would start talking more; I'm sure they felt like they were stuck for a while :) That waas sarcastic, but there is probably more truth to that than I'd like to admit:) To top off a great weekend with friends, nephews, and fun; my Utes won and the Cowboys won. Could it get any better? Well I should probably shove off to sleep. Sorry I get so long winded, you know me (especially when I'm tired). Love you all. Ry
4 comments:
Yeah, I am so glad that you blog stocked me!!! This will be a fun way to keep in touch. I didn't even know you moved...see, blogs are such a great thing. Did you find Brent's blog on mine?
Wow! I love blogging for that exact reason, and I promise I will start checking yours. Brent will be excited to look in on you guys too, I am sure! I cannot wait to find Kelly's, I really miss her! But I love you and it was a great suprise!
Kristy I am so happy you found a job. I hope you have babies soon cause they will be so adorable. I am glad you guys are having fun! I can't wait to see you in December. Parker will be home!!
Ryan - Looks like you guys are doing well. Things here are going well also. Classes aren't too bad yet and I am churning through the lab projects we have to do so I am feeling pretty good about my progress. Doing the wax ups for Dr. Mirci's class has helped alot as well as with the dental anatomy. I am sure you are finding the same is true for you. We just wear scrubs to lab on tuesday and thursday. The other days it is just my regular shorts and a tee shirt. Temple is pretty laid back, but in a good way. We have our first lab practical on thursday, tooth #6. We have about 3 and a half hours to get it all done which is more than enough time since my practice tooth only took an hour. Maybe I will use the extra time to study, but probably not. I guess I am still getting over the last of that Senioritis I caught there at the U.
Well I just wanted to say hi. Talk to you later. - Schapper
Post a Comment