
So I brought home some of my lab projects that I have been working on and was going to post them proudly, and just before I signed in I went and looked at my friend Matt's blog only to see that he beat me to the punch and posted pictures of his already. Not only did he beat me but he one upped me by having done a lot more teeth at his school that we have done here at Case. But thats ok, if I have to be one upped I will never be upset to be

second to Matt. So the first picture here is of my first competency wax up. With the competencies we have three hours to start from scratch and they have us put different colored wax on different parts to assure that you do the work during the alotted time and not earlier. On this tooth I got a 85/95, which I was very happy with. I think that they were a little generous, but I'll take it. We do this in conjunction with our

dental anatomy class. It really helps solidify the stuff we learn to recreate it in wax. The next pictures are of the canine which I did in about six hours (it wasn't a competency, just practice). This one turned out really good and I was proud of it. I got 100% on the informal evaluation. Dr. Mirci had me waxing before we came out here and I did a little of it in the dental lab too, so thats a bit of a help. It is really fun and relaxing to chill in the lab and make these teeth.

Its is rewarding when you make a few little adjustments and it all of the sudden starts to look right. The smallest things can throw off how it looks. Anyway, here are a couple more pictures of this tooth and I'll wrap it up. One thing they want to see is that there is a "distal pinch" or a concavity on the facial side toward the pre-molar. Well, I'm done boring you... the two of you who actually read all of this post. Thanks for humoring me. I'll post some more pictures maybe when I do more, but I'll save the long dialogue. Other than that I have some tests coming up and am trying to prepare myself for those. We are getting more and more into actual dental stuff,

which has been a long time coming it seems sometimes. I still cannot believe that September is winding down already. The semester is nearly half over and it feels like we just started. Every Friday the kid I carpool with and I are amazed at how quickly the week slips by. Soon enough we will be back in Utah for Christmas. There is still a lot to do between now and then, but I see it knocking on the door. Crazy how it happens. We love you and hope you all keep in touch. Ryan
3 comments:
Ryan - Your wax ups look good too. Thanks for plugging me here in your blog too, but I think you give me too much credit. I agree, the time is flying. I think it is the combination of staying busy but mostly actually enjoying what you are going to school for.
I look forward to seeing more of your waxups online here and good luck with your competencies/practicals. I am sure you will do just fine. Oh and thanks for letting me know what loupes you got. The Orascoptic rep has come to our school a few times as well, so I am looking at my options.
Wow that was a lot of dental mumbo jumbo... I could really follow it completely, sorry Ryan. Kristy you are so cute! I can't believe we didn't hang out more when you lived close! I am happy you enjoy my music, I try to update the newest songs, of course of my liking:)
Ry you are going to be such a good dentist. I love your kitchen aide Kristy. It true that you don't know the value of one unless you have on, cause I love mine to death.
Post a Comment