Walter Mingus or Wally, for short: One day when I was about 4 or 5,
I came back inside the house from playing in the dirt all day.
Obviously, I was dirty. Really dirty.
There was a man who lived in the small town where my mother and father grew up
named Walter Mingus.
He was always dirty. Really dirty.
So when my Dad saw me, he said "Hey look, it's Walter Mingus!"
And it stuck.
My Dad still calls me Wally.
Peanut: My uncle called me that when I was a young girl, because I was a very small girl.
Little Girl: Ryan calls me that because it's a term of endearment in his family.
1 comment:
I need to have Cassie read this. She always says, "I am not a little girl!" Man, I can remember saying that same thing to my father. I love things that get handed down!
Post a Comment