Hello my Mother and Father,
I love writing you letters because it gives me a chance to
tell you things I don't normally say everyday.
For example, Did you know that it's because of you
that I know and love my Heavenly Father?
Did you know that from you, I learned how to love altogether?
Did you know that because of your example
I want to serve everyone I come in contact with?
When I was a kid, I was never in doubt
that home was where I could go and find
refuge from the world;
where I could find a place where I was always wanted
and loved more than I realized.
I still feel that way.
I've even made my own home to be that way.
We've had trials and tests
and more good times.
It's because of you that our family will be together forever.
That makes me happier than I can even attempt to say.
I'm so glad that you were so involved in my life growing up
and that you still are.
You are my best friends.
Not everyone can say that about their parents.
Thank you for teaching me, by example mostly,
how to live a righteous and fulfilling life.
Thank you for showing me how to serve others the way Christ would serve them.
Thank you for teaching me to love and appreciate nature (yay Julie of the Jungle!!)
I was told that you love me just as much as Heavenly Father loves me.
I can't comprehend that kind of love.
But I can see it in the way you have lived your lives for each other and for us.
I don't think you realize how much you do and have done
just by your example.
I miss you so much I can't stand it!
I love you.
I'm so grateful for you.
Thank you seems so insignificant,
but those are the only words I can find to express my feelings.
You are wonderful parents and I hope when I become a parent,
my children can say the same about me.
Love Forever,
Wally
I am Home"
1 comment:
How sweet, I love your parents too! They are always so nice and they always make me feel welcome in their home. What is this Julie of the Jungle?
Post a Comment